Friday, February 6, 2015

Love Without Limits (A BloggingForBooks Review)

Another month is upon us and that means time for yet another book review. This month is only six days in but it has been a doosy. My son turned a year old on the fourth and that has me looking back on the past year and seeing how much he has grown and changed, and how I as well have grown and changed not just as a parent, but as a person in general.

This month has also brought some tough family concerns to deal with. Nothing really that can be shared at the current time as we are all still trying to figure things out and just make things work with the help of God.

Speaking of God, that is the topic of this review. The book for this review is:
I was skeptical going into this book because faith or religious based books tend to be hit or miss with me. I either feel they get too preachy or quote the Bible too much. I have tried many times to take books out of our church or public library, only to get a few pages in and cast it aside because it was not as captivating as I thought it would be. 

This book however changed that for me. I got 16 pages in and I was HOOKED. I had never heard of Nick Vujicic before, but the story in this book written by himself and his wife Kanae, is to tell how they met each other and give some marriage advice. The book opened my eyes as to how I could be a better spouse to my own husband. As I read the book I realized that I often take my husband for granted. I know that he loves me and will always be by my side(In the early days of our relationship, when we were still dating, I was going through Chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and he was there at every session without batting an eyelash.). But I don't think I realized just how much I tend to yell without meaning to or take my frustrations out on him.

In the days since starting this book I have found myself, getting up and making his lunch for work without the usual moans and groans of doing so, going out to help him shovel snow when usually I would use the excuse of having to stay in with our son(thanks mom for watching him so I could do that) and just spending more time cuddling in general.

In truth this book helped my marriage. We were at the grocery store this past evening. My husband was at the bank depositing his paycheck while I walked around shopping for groceries. I found myself longing just to see him. The ache was the same as the one I had in the early stages of our relationship. When I would say goodbye to him when seeing him in person, or goodnight on Skype. I longed just to see his face and hear his voice.

The other night after our son fell asleep early, with two hours till my husband had to be at work, we popped a DVD in and just cuddled on the couch. Something we haven't done in quite awhile. Parenting has tired us out and my husband and I working opposite shifts has not helped either. 


Furthermore, the book was so helpful and insightful that I went on Amazon and purchased three more of Nick's books that I very much look forward to reading.

Thank You Nick for writing such an inspirational story and helping me in ways I could never have imagined.

As always I recieved this book from Blogging for Books for this review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment